San Francisco Xeriscaping & Drought Tolerant Landscaping
With the limited rainfall in San Francisco this winter everyone contemplating landscape improvement projects is worried about how it will affect new installations.
Having worked in the previous droughts of past decades, we can implement a drought tolerant landscape design that relies on minimal or no water use. As technologies and systems advance, we can incorporate these innovative products for a green and waterwise landscape. We work closely with The Urban Farmer Store, Ewing Irrigation and Broadmoor Landscape to design and acquire the following system that’s suited for your installation.
- Hunter Solar Sync smart irrigation controllers. These controllers measure on- site rainfall, sunlight and ambient temperature and adjust the water run time automatically. They can save between 20-50 percent on water usage. (http://www.hunterindustries.com/smart-sprinkler-controller-saves-water)
- Drip irrigation systems. These systems can be installed with the utmost efficiency by concentrating water to each individual drought-tolerant plant via emitters.
- Rain/gray water harvesting. These system use above and underground tanks to store rainwater collected from your roof and other relatively clean water from other sources and distributed it to your landscape as needed. Not only do these system save water, they keep water out of San Francisco sewer system, reducing the chemicals needed to treat its waters. They also conserve energy by reducing the volume of water needed to be transported from far away. We work with The Urban Farmer Store in acquiring the right products for your installation. (http://www.urbanfarmerstore.com/pdflibrary/rainwater-harvesting/)
- We can incorporate artificial turf into the overall design of your project. Artificial turf has come a long way since 20 years ago. Not only do they look genuinely real, they are durable, require no maintenance and zero water. We work with Broadmoor Landscape Supplies in acquiring the right artificial turf to meet your needs. (http://www.broadmoorlandscape.com/MAIN-syntheticgrass.html)
- Our Japanese rock gardens can be installed with feature boulders and other hardscaping elements with minimal plants for a clean serene effect.
- Incorporate a waterwise water feature into the project as a stunning and tranquil focal point. Our designs use little to no water with built in reservoirs recirculating the water.
By utilizing these concepts, Tamate Landscaping can design a very water efficient, interesting and green, drought resistant landscape for any project in San Francisco. Contact us today for a consultation.