Durable and Elegant Masonry
Masonry is an ancient method of building construction in which structures are erected from individual units laid and bound together by mortar. Masonry is commonly used for the walls of buildings and retaining walls. Masonry typically uses brick, stone, marble, granite, travertine, limestone, cast stone, concrete block, glass block, stucco and tile. Common types of masonry include: veneer masonry, dry set masonry, solid masonry, and brick. The timeless appeal of masonry has to do with its highly durable form of construction. Tamate landscaping works with journeyman masons on each project, to ensure that the highest of standards are met.
Key Considerations For Masonry Design
The durability of a masonry project can vary depending on the materials used, quality of the mortar, and the pattern in which the units are assembled, all of which makes consulting with an experienced professional invaluable for Tamate Landscaping’s clients.
- The use of material such as bricks and stones can increase the thermal mass of a building and can protect the building from fire.
- Most types of masonry typically will not require painting, thereby reducing future upkeep costs.
- Masonry is non-combustible.
- Masonry tends to be heavy and must be built upon a strong foundation, such as reinforced concrete, to avoid settling and cracking.
- Save for concrete, masonry construction does not lend itself well to mechanization, and requires more skilled labor than stick-framing.
Tamate Landscaping brings over 25 years of hands-on experience of creating masonry projects under myriad conditions to create structures that are sustainable, elegant, and enjoyable for years to come. Contact us today for a free estimate on your masonry project.