156 Parker Ave, Laurel Heights
Project Neighborhood: Laurel Heights
Date: March 2016
Duration: 1 month
Landscaping Project: Design and build a contemporary landscape around a custom water feature and client-purchased 1-ton statue as a focal point
In March 2016, Tamate Landscaping found themselves on a challenging project in Laurel Heights, San Francisco. The project? Design and build a contemporary landscape for a peaceful, backyard retreat. The challenge? Move a one-ton statue and a 1,600 pound boulder through a house to the back yard, along with all the other necessary tools and equipment for the project. Read more about this landscaping design and building project.
- Before our landscaping project begins
- Redwood fence being built with supervisor Dukey surveying the site.
- Building the concrete form for the water feature basin
- Pouring concrete into the forms for the water feature
- 1-ton sculpture being craned into the finished basin
- Finished water feature; irrigation equipment is hidden from viewers behind the water feature.
- Custom-made gas fire pit with focal point in the background and installed lighting
- Gas fire pit with built in seating and installed stair lighting in the background
- 1,600 pound turquoise boulder for additional seating
- Stainless cable safety railing on the redwood deck
- Finished deck stairs with stair lighting installed
- Bar-b-que area with gas line stub out and articulation light fixture to illuminate cooking
- Black basalt patio with 2nd turquoise boulder in the back ground
- Closeup of finished water feature, showing the rippling effect of the water and under lighting.
- View of finished landscaping project from the bar-b-que area.
- View of finished landscaping project from the rear.
- View of finished landscaping project from the bar-b-que area, with the dog approving the renovations.