Sustainable Home Irrigation Systems Installed
Drip irrigation systems, also known as trickle irrigation or micro irrigation or localized irrigation, is a highly efficient means of watering plants – much more effective than utilizing a water sprinkler system. This ancient form of irrigation installation saves water and fertilizer by allowing water to drip slowly to the roots of plants, either onto the soil surface or directly onto the root zone, through a network of valves, pipes, tubing, and emitters. Modern drip irrigation systems can also perform water reclamation to increase the efficiency and economy of water used for plants. With the use of hand or timed controllers, drip irrigation systems sustains near-perfect moisture levels in the root zone of plants, avoiding over- or under-watering typical of overhead watering.
Drip irrigation systems are ideal for the range of gardens typical of most San Francisco neighborhoods, be they roof gardens, planters or containers, kitchen gardens, or full yards.
Key benefits of a drip irrigation system
- Healthy, rapid-growing plants
- Stable moisture content – reduced plant stress
- Reduced water waste – more effective use of water
- Reduced topsoil erosion and depletion of soil nutrients
- Equal water distribution over wide areas, which is extremely difficult with other irrigation methods
- Easy to install without damaging existing root structures
- Helps cultivate drought-resistant root systems
- Considerable time savings
Trust your gardens to landscaping contractors that specialize in the best water systems and irrigation methods for San Francisco. Contact Tamate Landscaping today for a free estimate.